㰡n style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"> Violin
(electric/acoustic - 4 and 5 string);
㰡n style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"> Mandolin (electric/acoustic - single & double string);
㰡n style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'">Banjo (5-string);
㰡n style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"> Guitar
(electric, steel-string acoustic, and classical)
㰡n style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"> Formal:
Jazz and Classical (all style periods).
㰡n style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'"> Informal:
Rock, Country, Bluegrass, and misc. ethnic styles.
1) Virginia State Mandolin Champion - 2012, 2010, 2009.
Virginia State Banjo Champion - 2012, 2009.
Virginia State Fiddle Champion - 2007, 2004, 2002.
Fiddle Champion - 1992.
Louisiana Junior State Fiddle Champion - 1981.
Louisiana State Banjo Champion - 1981,1980,1979.
2) Virginia State Champion Bluegrass Band - 2014. The Slack Family Bluegrass Band (Current Band).
3) Masters of Traditional String Music, Roanoke Invitational - 2003 Bluegrass Fiddle Champion.
4) Virginia State Champion Bluegrass Band - 2002. Jackass Flats だhollerin误tenanny for your head貰01-2006).
5) Chester United Methodist Church - Director of Music:
Administrative position involving conducting, directing, and managing of 5
choirs and overseeing all musical activity in the church. (1995-1996).
6) Loyola University: Jazz, Classical, Theory and composition
studies. Experience with small and big band Jazz ensembles; solo, quartet,
chamber, and symphony orchestras; featured as soloist (on my own arrangement of
"Orange Blossom Special" for 2 fiddles, banjo, and chamber orchestra)
at the 1986 M.E.N.C. convention in Anaheim, California.
7) New Orleans World's Fair - full time member of the
"Flying Rosetties" (Country, Jazz, Rhythm & Blues). Also played
for the grand opening of the "Riverwalk", which took place at the
8) Jazz-Rock Fusion experience with Inner City recording group
"Woodenhead" and the "New Orleans Stick Band" (consisting of
Chapman Stick, electric violin, soprano sax, drums, and percussion).
9) Playing experience in many bands from 1977 to present. This experience includes playing with and/or being in warm-up bands for Aaron Neville, Alabama, Asleep At The Wheel, BareFoot Manner, Bill Monroe, Brenda Lee, Chubby Wise, The Cox Family, Curtis Burch, David Allen Coe, David Via and Corn Tornado, Del McCory, Don Reno, Don Stiernberg, Earl Scruggs, Ernest Tubb, Ernie K-Doe, Faran Young, Garth Brooks, Gary Morris, Gillian Welch and David Rawlings, Hank Williams, Jr., Hayseed Dixie, Hot Tuna, J.D. Crowe, Jean Sheppard, Jim and Jessie, Jimmy Gaudreau, John Carlini, John Cowan, Johnny Lee, Johnny Rodrigues, The Judds, The Kendalls, Larry Keel, Larry Sparks, Lee Greenwood, Leftover Salmon, Leon Everett, Little Big Town, Mac Wiseman, Marty Stuart, Merle Haggard, Mickey Gilley, Nat Stuckey, Norman Wade, Osborne Brothers, Pat Cloud, Patty Loveless, Percy Sledge, Railroad Earth, Ricky Skaggs, Sam Bush, Scott Vestal, The Seldom Scene, Southern Culture On The Skids, Steve Earl, Tammy Wynette, IIIrd Tyme Out, Tony Rice, Vern Gosden, Vassar Clements, Winn Stuart, and The Whites.
10) New Orleans Jazz
Festival - experience from 1977 to 1988 with one to three bands per year.
11) Appearance at Gilley's Club, 1984. (This was back in the "Urban Cowboy" days!)
(This was back in the "Urban Cowboy" days!)
12) Many contest championships (all instruments)
including Louisiana State Fair and the Pecan Festival (Colfax, La.).
13) Classical Competitions - Northwestern State University,
Natchitoches, La. (Strings- Jr. High and High School), with 6 superior ratings
in instrumental categories (4 for Violin, 2 for Guitar) and 2 superior ratings
in the Choir/Glee Club category.
14) Staff member of "Super Country USA" - live radio
broadcast and stage show (Alexandria, Louisiana) 1978-1980 - all instruments.
15) Teaching experience - Violin, Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, and Improvisation Theory since 1976 and Banjo Workshops at Northwestern State University (La.) Folk Festivals.
Extensive knowledge of sound systems and recording equipment, programmable
effects processors, etc.
Experienced M.I.D.I. programmer, with extensive sequencing skills and
Computer Programming with the ability to control recording equipment,
programmable effects processors, etc. via programming.
Ability to read and write music, to transcribe music by ear, to read standard
notation, tablature, Nashville number system, and Jazz chord symbols.
Arranging music for solo or any size ensemble.
Vocals (baritone-low tenor range), and ability to sing any harmony part by ear.
7) Sound/Recording Engineer.
1) Bachelor of Music - Jazz Violin. Loyola University, New Orleans. (1986)
Top of Page | Gig Calendar